Enjoy speed and reliability with the DS-780N Network Color Document Scanner from Epson. Featuring a 100-sheet single-pass duplexing ADF, this unit will quickly and easily process your documents at speeds up to 45 ppm or 90 ipm. Also, thanks to an Ethernet port, which is right next to a USB 3.0 connection, users will be able to quickly set up and share the scanner with an entire workgroup. It is also quite versatile, as it can work with documents ranging from 2 x 2" up to 8.5 x 240" in size and can scan business and ID cards with ease. On top of this, it has an internal color depth of 30-bit for accurate color and scans.
Operation is made easy with a touchscreen display that provides access to all settings, including 30 user-defined jobs. Users will be able to enjoy automatic corrections as well as use document capture and OCR software to create and organize your files. Additionally, the DS-780N is designed to last with a rated daily duty cycle of 5000 pages.
- The DS-780N features an optical resolution of 600 dpi and a selectable output resolution of between 50-1200 dpi. The unit also has a 5100 x 9300 effective pixel array.
- Scans can be performed at up to 45 ppm / 90 ipm at 200 and 300 dpi or at 11 ppm / 22 ipm at 400 and 600 dpi.
- The 100-sheet single-pass duplexing ADF can work with documents as small as 2 x 2" or as large as 8.5 x 240". It also supports media with a weight of 27-413 gsm and can scan rigid plastic ID cards and business cards, including embossed cards, up to 48.8 mil thick. Users can also scan folded oversized 11 x 17" documents using an optional carrier sheet.
- Ultrasonic double-feed detection helps prevent misfeeds for accurate, sharp scans.
- Front panel display is a touchscreen for intuitive control and offers access to 30 user-definable scan jobs.
- A USB 2.0 host port is available for using authentication devices and there is a Kensington-type security lock.
- The unit has a rated daily duty cycle of 5000 sheets with a roller assembly kit that has a yield of about 200,000 pages.
- An Ethernet port is available for networking, permitting scanning directly to online storage accounts such as Evernote, SharePoint, Google Drive, and more.
- Advanced image adjustments include auto crop, skew correction, black page and background removal.
- Built-in TWAIN and ISIS driver support for integration into existing workflows.
- Epson Scan 2, Document Capture Pro, and EMC Captiva ISIS software is included.
- The DS780N is RoHS compliant and recyclable.
- Limited 3-year warranty with Advanced Exchange program, including Next-Business Day shipping.
Epson DS-780N Specs
|Maximum Resolution||600 dpi (Optical)
1200 dpi (Interpolated)
|Scan Modes||Color, Grayscale, Monochrome|
|Color Depth||30-Bit (Internal)
|Grayscale Depth||10-Bit (Internal)
|Image Sensor||2 x Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Single Pass Duplex||Yes|
|Scan Speed||Simplex Speed
90 ppm in Color
45 ipm in Color
|Automatic Image Corrections||Yes|
|Maximum Scan Size||W: 8.5 x L: 240" / W: 21.6 x L: 609.6 cm|
|Maximum Media Thickness||48.8 mil / 1.2 mm|
|Media Handling||Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)|
|Media Types||Business Card, ID Card, Plain Paper|
|Sheet Capacity||100 Sheets|
|Media Weight||7 to 110 lb / 27 to 413 gsm|
|Daily Duty Cycle||5000 Scans|
|Daily Life Expectancy||5000 Sheets|
|Interface||USB 3.0, Ethernet|
|File Formats||BMP, JPEG, Multi-Page TIFF, PDF, TIFF|
|Operating System Support||Windows, macOS/OS X|
|Operating Temperature||41 to 95°F / 5 to 35°C|
|Operating Humidity||15 to 80%|
|Storage Temperature||-13 to 140°F / -25 to 60°C|
|Storage Humidity||15 to 85%|
|Control Panel||Color Touchscreen LCD|
|Power Source||AC Adapter|
|AC Input Power||100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz at 1 A|
|DC Input Power||24 VDC at 2 A|
|Power Consumption||17 W (Maximum)|
|Certifications||RoHS, as per Manufacturer|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||11.7 x 8.3 x 8.5" / 296 x 212 x 217 mm|
|Weight||8.2 lb / 3.7 kg|
|Warranty Length||Limited 3-Year Warranty|
|Package Weight||11.1 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||14.5 x 12.1 x 10.4"|