Review of the New Epson SureLab D1070 Professional Minilab Printer
Introducing the all-new SureLab D1070—the next evolution of minilab printing from Epson.
Engineered for reliable, high-performance printing, the SureLab D1070 puts you in control with breakthrough small-format productivity.
Engineered for high-production printing, the SureLab D1070 is capable of producing up to 460 4" x 6", 300 5" x 7" and 165 8" x 10" prints per hour for photo, event and retail environments. Featuring the latest in professional imaging technology, this modern minilab uses a robust print engine, coupling our advanced MicroPiezo® AMC™ printhead and vivid UltraChrome® D6r-S Ink to consistently deliver crisp, vibrant pictures on a variety of paper finishes and sizes. For improved usability, this minilab features a 1.44" LCD screen, built-in wireless connectivity and integrated output tray, all in a sleek, compact footprint.
Additional features include:
- High-capacity ink packs – UltraChrome D6r-S high-capacity 250 mL ink packs deliver wide color gamut; Cartridge-Free Printing can help reduce waste compared to traditional cartridge systems
- Versatile media handling – Prints on a wide range of high-capacity roll and double- or single-sided sheet media, including glossy, luster, matte, and thick card surfaces; maximum print width of 8.3 inches and offer BorderFree printing in frame ready sizes
- Easy to operate – New front-facing 1.44-inch LCD panel simplifies print tasks and operation; features new nozzle detection and alignment technology for less downtime and reliable operation
- Improved connectivity and simplified software – Connect easily to printer over Wi-Fi®, Ethernet or USB using redesigned printer driver for Windows® and Mac®
- Small footprint – Compact size with integrated output tray and high-speed rotary cutter is well-suited for photobooths, portrait and event photography
- Built for reliability – Reliable print engine backed by Epson’s U.S.-based support team and Epson warranty
- Epson Cloud Solution PORT – Monitor the live status of your entire printer fleet regardless of where they are in the world; view output production rates, printer status, errors, and more
Pricing and Availability
The SureLab D1070 Minilab printer ($2,595 estimated MSRP) will be available in fall 2021 and the SureLab D1070DE ($2,995 estimated MSRP) will be available in 2022. A duplex feeder ($599 estimated MSRP) will be available for purchase separately to add double-sided printing to the SureLab D1070. Both models will offer a standard 1-year Epson PreferredSM Limited Warranty and will be available through Epson Authorized Professional Imaging Resellers.