Under Review the new Epson P700 and P900 printers
The SureColor SC-P900 and SC-P700 are high-quality photo printers for design-conscious photographers and artists.
While the pro-photo community is clearly the main target audience; these two compact and lightweight printers will also appeal to artists, studios, photo labs and ambitious semi-pro and aspiring amateur photographers.
What’s immediately striking is their ‘non-printer’ look and feel: a design philosophy that was established through user research and a desire to make photo printers that are as pleasing on the eye as the prints they produce. Both the SC-P700 up to 13" ( A3+) and SC-P900 up to 17" (A2+) feature black enhance overcoat technology, Carbon Black Mode and UltraChrome Pro 10 ink for the truest, deepest blacks. Other features include:
- Three different paper paths to accommodate a wide media range
- Black D-Max value of 2.95
- 4.3-inch LCD optical touchscreen (can be used with gloves) with customisable GUI
- Epson Media Installer for ease of use
- Expanded blue color gamut to reproduce ultra-realistic images
- Black inks (PK/MK) always available
- Epson Print Layout – enhanced functionality and flexibility to make colour-managed printing quick and easy
- Spindle-less integrated roll unit on SC-P700, optional for SC-P900
- New auto sheet feeding system (ASF) for hassle-free fine art media feed.
- Smallest footprint and lightest in its class
- Enhanced sealing to protect from dust and dirt
The P900 is 70% of the size of the P800 with a new UltraChrome K3X ink.It includes a new deep blue ink – looks more violet in this image – this is very similar to the violet option for the P5000 .There is also a new version of Epson Print Layout software which has been greatly improved. For pricing and the latest promotions please visits the product pages: Epson P700 & P900 Product Pages.